Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

ClassDojo in my classroom and maybe in yours?

I have been using ClassDojo in my classroom for a while now and I love it! If you haven't heard of this free resource for teachers check it out by clicking on the link above. This program allows you to give students instant feedback on their behavior in the classroom that really improves behavior! The program can run on your computer, your Ipad, or a smart phone. I also love the fact that it generates a daily report for parents that is sent right to their phone or email and it even has a messaging system that you can use to send notes to parents about their students. However, last year I struggled to integrate a tangible reward system (which is required by my school) while using ClassDojo and after a lot of thought I created this! A clip chart for ClassDojo!

Yes, a monthly way that students can keep track of their ClassDojo points and receive rewards as they move from chart to chart. Now you are probably more organized than I am and can reset your Dojo points each week; but for me it just becomes a big old pain and I often forget. Yes, me forget something! I know it is hard to imagine, but its true and in my district we have a lot of short weeks that just create more problems. So this year I am switching to monthly system and I know that I am going to love it! It is so easy to remember when the new month starts and that is when I change everything else in my class including seats, line order, and groups so this just made sense for my classroom. If you would like to take a look check this out in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store . I hope that is will help you out while using ClassDojo in your classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment